Encryption is a cornerstone and is de facto business need for secure Digital Transformation. 463 exabytes of data will be generated each day by humans as of 2025 (Source: Raconteur). Fortanix empowers world’s most regulated organizations to keep their data secure at-rest, in-transit and in-use. Given the exponential generation of data from an array of vast variety of endpoints, IoT devices, wireless devices, on-premises assets and cloud deployments, there is always a need for a very high-throughput and negligible latency data encryption and decryption for securing data at a very high scale.
Fortanix offers a state-of-the-art solution that enables customers to perform in-memory encryption/tokenization and decryption/de-tokenization of data at a very high throughput locally to any application, therefore, with negligible latency. Here is a brief overview of Fortanix Data Security Manager Accelerator solution
1. Solution is offered as a PKCS#11, JAVA, JCE client library that can be deployed locally on Application client machine. Additionally, it is also offered as a Web Service that can be connected over HTTPS
2. The client library authenticates itself with Data Security Manager via an API key securely generated within DSM
3. Once the client library is deployed, client applications can make function calls to it to perform high-speed in-memory encryption and decryption
4. The encryption key is always created and stored inside Fortanix DSM FIPS 140-2 Level 3 appliance, however, when first time a key is used by the client application, it is fetched from DSM and is then cached in-memory
5. If the memory process is killed or if the key expires, then it will be requested again from centrally deployed Fortanix DSM cluster.
Fortanix Data Security Manager
Fortanix Data Security Manager is the world’s first cloud solution secured with Intel® SGX. With DSM you can securely generate, store, and use cryptographic keys and certificates, as well as secrets, such as passwords, API keys, tokens, or any blob of data.