Key & Secrets ManagementWhat is Encryption Key Management?What is Secrets Management? What is a Centralized Key Management System? What is Bring Your Own Key (BYOK)? What is a Credentials Management System? What is Key Management Interoperability Protocol (KMIP)? What is a Symmetric Key? What is an Asymmetric Key? What is Key Lifecycle Management?
Multi-Cloud Data SecurityHow do I move my existing data security controls from On-Prem to the Cloud? How do I protect data as I move and store it in the Cloud? How do I ensure the cloud provider does not access my data?Can I use my encryption keys in the Cloud?How do I enforce data residency policies in the Cloud and comply with GDPR? How do I track and monitor data access and usage in the Cloud? Can I secure containers in the cloud or across different clouds? What is the Shared Security Model? What is multi-cloud key management?
Google External Key Manager Service (EKM)What is Google Cloud’s External Key Manager Service?How does Google Cloud’s External Key Manager work?What are the benefits of Key provenance in Google EKM? What are the benefits of Key centralization in Google EKM?What are the benefits of Key control in Google EKM?How Do You Decide When and How Can Your Data Be Decrypted? What are the requirements when implementing External Key Management? What are the Service integrations and technical considerations in Google EKMWhich GCP services are supported by Fortanix DSM? How Is Google EKM Available with Fortanix Integration? How does international data transfer from Europe work with Fortanix?
AWS External Key StoreWhat is the AWS KMS eXternal Key Store (XKS) service? How does AWS XKS with Fortanix DSM work? What are the benefits of AWS XKS and Fortanix Integration?What are the benefits of Key provenance in AWS XKS?What are the benefits of Key centralization in AWS XKS?What are the benefits of Key control in AWS XKS?Which AWS cloud services are supported by AWS KMS External Key Store? How can AWS XKS integrate with Fortanix DSM? How does international data transfer from Europe work with Fortanix? How does Fortanix DSM as XKS affect KMS service reliability and performance? What is the latency of the XKS service offered by DSM SaaS? Do AWS Services cache Data Encryption Keys serve by AWS KMS? For how long?
What are the requirements when implementing External Key Management?
- High Availability – External Key Manager (EKM) must be available as the GCP KMS service with which it integrates.
- Disaster Recovery - Google does not store keys on its servers and cannot access protected disks unless the organization provides it with the Key to Cloud EKM. If the Key is lost, there is no way for Google to recover the Key or any data encrypted with the lost Key.
- Performance - Latency and throughput should be within acceptable limits.
- Role-based access control - Access to the EKM Keys must be based on the roles of authorized users.
- Auditability - Operations performed outside the Cloud on the EKM must be logged with a high level of granularity.