Enhance scale and credibility of your blockchain operations. Launchnodes now allows you to automatically configure Cosmos and Tendermint nodes for use with Fortanix One Time Signer. The solution distributes nodes across public cloud (AWS & GCP) and bare metal (Equinix and Vultr) globally, whilst securing signing keys using FIPS 140-2 level 3 accredited appliances.
Cosmos and Tendermint blockchains today are centralised both in terms of
- The capital for staking on these chains being controlled by a small number of people/organisations.
- The infrastructure that the nodes for these networks run on being extremely centralised.
The Fortanix-Launchnodes solution delivers value by:
FIPS accredited key storage and management tools:
Double sign prevention:
Eliminating single point of failure:
Example Use Case
An existing or new blockchain (customer A) working in the Cosmos ecosystem which is looking to be part of the internet of blockchains has created a chain with:
- Specific utility
- Useful working software
- Integration with existing blockchains in the Cosmos Tendermint blockchain ecosystem.
Rigorous key storage and double sign prevention: Customer A would benefit from a rigorous key storage and double sign prevention, that gives credibility to their foundation/blockchain. Scale and distribute blockchain across multiple geographies: Customer A would further benefit from scaling their blockchain across multiple pre-configured nodes, distributed across multiple geographies.
- Providing greater credibility for their chain.
- Decentralizing both geography and infrastructure, further enhancing the credibility of blockchain operations.
Customer A can buy a solution from Fortanix and Launchnodes to achieve this value when they launch. This robust, secure architecture supports their growth by enabling key investors to use the same pattern to actively participate in the network, and stake.