Starting a company from scratch is always a gutsy move. A lot of things have to fall in place for a startup to take off. It takes conviction, competence, courage and loads of tenacity. Successes are sweet but there are many learnings. As we celebrate six years of Fortanix as a company, and the recent funding milestone, I had a chance to sit down with Ambuj and Anand and explore road travelled thus far and their vision for the road ahead.
She was at the final stages of the vendor selection process but wasn’t very happy with the choices presented to her. She liked the promise and the zest in our cold email and decided to give us a chance. She told her team to evaluate our product too as part of the RFP. When we received the RFP, our product didn’t satisfy most of the requirements being asked of. However, we again hustled. We worked day and night and implemented several features in a matter of days which made our product competitive compared to the other products. We then did a great presentation to show the vision and won them over. They have grown to be one of our largest customers, and we will eternally be grateful to them for the trust they placed in us early on.
- Read Fortanix CEO Ambuj Kumar’s Series C announcement blog
- Read our Press Release: Fortanix Raises $90M in Series C Funding Led by Goldman Sachs Asset Management to Accelerate Leadership in the Data Security Market
- Explore a new approach to enterprise data security on the Intel Capital blog
- Read this blog post from Neotribe Ventures
- Check out this latest blog from Foundation Capital: Fortanix Raises $90M Series C
- Cloud Security Journey: from Ridiculous to Mainstream to Ridiculous