The Fortanix team had a great RSA 2018 Conference. It started with an amazing opportunity to tell our story to thousands of attendees at the prestigious RSAC Innovation Sandbox where Fortanix won 2nd place among hundreds of participants.
Over the next few days at the Intel booth and Equinix booth, the Fortanix team had great discussions with hundreds of security architects, executives, and partners.
We used the opportunity to conduct a survey on cloud security and Runtime Encryption®, with responses from more than 200 security professionals.
Key findings revealed that most respondents are acutely aware of the need for Data in Use protection in the cloud and are looking for cloud providers to step up to this challenge.
The top drivers were “protecting privacy of confidential data” and “protecting sensitive business logic from leakage”.
Additionally, security leaders are increasingly worried about protecting datasets for machine learning and looking to enable containers in production systems without having to rely on VMs for security.
Please check-out the survey and provide your valuable inputs
Summary of survey responses
- Majority of respondents cited using encryption to protect sensitive workloads in the cloud followed by CASB, Firewalls and even security tools from the cloud providers.
Fortanix showcased several new solutions at RSA 2018:
- Runtime Encryption® in IBM Cloud: Demo (MySQL and Custom Apps)
- Protecting containers from host-level attacks (with Docker): Slides from RSA
HSM / Key Management:
- Equinix SmartKey SaaS, powered by Fortanix: Joint video
- Cryptographic agility and customizability with Runtime Encryption® Plugin: Technical Blog
- Enhanced Cloud BYOK solution: Google Cloud Demo
- Secure manufacturing and IoT device lifecycle: IoT Solutions Brief
- Related Read: Six Insights from 2021 SANS Cloud Security Survey